Legal Notices / Terms Of Access:
- The Scotiabank trademark, together with “Global Banking and Markets”, is a marketing name for the global corporate and investment banking and capital markets businesses of The Bank of Nova Scotia and certain of its affiliates in the countries where they operate. Used under license. The ScotiaMocatta trademark is used in association with the precious and base metals businesses of The Bank of Nova Scotia.
- The Bank of Nova Scotia, a chartered bank incorporated in Canada with limited liability, has prepared this web site in good faith as a resource for customers or potential customers of ScotiaMocatta, which trademark represents its precious metals business.
- The Financial Services Authority ("FSA") authorizes and regulates The Bank of Nova Scotia and requires that it is made clear that this website and the information contained in it is only to be available in the United Kingdom to non-private customers, as they are defined in the rules of the FSA, for the purposes of those rules.
- Information in this web site regarding services and products is applicable only in jurisdictions where such specific services and products may lawfully be offered for sale and is void where prohibited by law. The person accessing this web site is responsible for compliance with all local, national and international laws. All services and products offered by The Bank of Nova Scotia, whether on this web site or by any other means, are subject to the terms of, and the satisfactory completion of, any applicable agreement.
- The information and opinions contained herein have been compiled or arrived at from sources believed to be reliable when posted. There may be instances where this information or opinions have not been kept current. No representation or warranty, express or implied, is made as to accuracy or completeness, and neither the information nor any opinion or forecast shall be taken as a representation or warranty for which The Bank of Nova Scotia, its affiliates, alliance partners, and / or any of their respective directors, officers, employees or agents incur any responsibility or liability. Neither The Bank of Nova Scotia, its affiliates, alliance partners and / or any of their respective directors, officers or employees or agents are responsible for or accept any liability whatsoever for any loss that you or others may sustain and which arises, directly or indirectly, from any use of this web site or its contents.
- The web site and the information it contains are not, and they shall not be deemed to be, an invitation, offer, recommendation, representation, or other commitment or advice for, or in relation to, any metal, warrant, commodity, currency, interest rate, physical or spot contract, future, option, or contract for differences or other investment transaction.
- Prices displayed on this web site are purely examples and should not be assumed to be accurate in "real time" or in the future. Prices of metals, exchange rates, interest rates and other instruments may change and may be subject to rapid volatility. Information concerning past prices, rates or trends is not a guide to future prices, rates or performance.
- Forward looking statements contained on this web site are subject to uncertainties beyond the control of The Bank of Nova Scotia, its affiliates and alliance partners and / or any of their respective directors, officers, employees or agents, including, but not limited to, economic and financial conditions globally, regulatory or governmental developments in Canada or elsewhere, technological developments and competition. You should note that the manner in which you implement the strategies or act on the information contained in this web site may expose you to significant risk and you should carefully consider your ability to bear such risks through consultation with your legal, accounting and other advisors.
- The Bank of Nova Scotia, its affiliates, alliance partners and / or their respective directors, officers, employees or agents may from time to time take positions in the metals and / or instruments mentioned herein or otherwise in the markets as principal or agent.
Directors, officers or employees of The Bank of Nova Scotia, its affiliates or alliance partners may serve as directors of corporations referred to or named in this site.
- The Bank of Nova Scotia, its affiliates or alliance partners may have acted as financial advisor, lender, underwriter or provider of other products or services for certain of the corporations mentioned herein and may have received, or may receive, remuneration for same.
- The web site and the information it contains may be changed or any part may be discontinued at any time without notice. The Bank of Nova Scotia reserves the right to change from time to time the provisions of this Notice.
- At the present time, ScotiaMocatta does not intend to use such collected information for its or The Bank of Nova Scotia's marketing or solicitation purposes. However, should it in the future determine otherwise, The Bank of Nova Scotia or ScotiaMocatta, a Division of The Bank of Nova Scotia, will provide reasonable notice of such changed intention and will provide each user with the opportunity to opt out of or consent to being solicited by ScotiaMocatta or The Bank of Nova Scotia or receiving their marketing materials. If you would prefer not to receive "cookies", you should set your browser accordingly. Under certain national laws you may have the right to access the information we may hold concerning you, as well as to correct any inaccurate data, and other rights. If at any time you wish us to cease using such information about you for the above purposes, please advise at the address immediately below. If you so advise, we will be unable to continue to provide the services available through this ScotiaMocatta web site.
Please direct such advice or any queries about this paragraph and the immediately preceding paragraph on information held, data protection, etc to:
Mr. S. Lowe,
201 Bishopsgate, 6th Floor
London, England, EC2M 3NS
To the extent that not all of the Internet is properly secured, The Bank of Nova Scotia cannot ensure absolute confidentiality or security. Instances may occur where access to this site may not be available, is interrupted or is delayed for whatever the reason may be (whether within or beyond the control of The Bank of Nova Scotia or its service providers). Excluding third party sites that may be available by links in this site, The Bank of Nova Scotia will use reasonable commercial efforts to remedy such a difficulty, but cannot guarantee or warrant that its efforts will be successful in a timely fashion.
External sites not connected to affiliates of The Bank of Nova Scotia or members of the Scotiabank Group and accessed by hypertext appearing in this site have been independently developed by parties other than The Bank of Nova Scotia or Scotiabank Group members. When a user links to such an external site, the user will be leaving this scotiamocatta.com web site. The Bank of Nova Scotia does not guarantee the accuracy of information contained in such external sites (including whether such information is materially complete or correct at the time it is viewed through the scotiamocatta.com web site and/or any external site). The inclusion of any hyperlink does not imply that The Bank of Nova Scotia has investigated, verified or monitored the information in any such site or continues to investigate, verify or monitor. The listing of an external organization in this site should not be construed as an endorsement by The Bank of Nova Scotia of their services or products. Third parties are requested not to create a link to this web site without obtaining in advance the written permission of The Bank of Nova Scotia.
Copyright in the contents of this site is owned by The Bank of Nova Scotia and in some cases its alliance partners or other third parties whose screens may be displayed. Users of the site shall only be entitled to copy or print the contents of this site for their own personal use. Users may not republish nor reproduce any part of such contents in any other manner whatsoever, without the prior written permission of the owner of the copyright.
No report or publication included in the site may be reproduced in whole or in part, or referred to in any manner whatsoever, nor may the information, opinions and conclusions contained in it be referred to without in each case the prior express consent of The Bank of Nova Scotia and, in the case of any other entity available information, the consent of such other entity. If further information is needed on a permitted use or license to reproduce or republish any ScotiaMocatta or The Bank of Nova Scotia material in this site, please address an inquiry to:
Mr. S. Lowe
201 Bishopsgate, 6th Floor
London, England, EC2M 3NS
If further information is needed on a permitted use or license to reproduce or republish any other entity material in this site, please address any inquiry to appropriate corporate officials of each such other entity. Any infringement of The Bank of Nova Scotia's rights will result in appropriate legal action. The Bank of Nova Scotia disclaims any and all liability for any consequences which may result from any unauthorized reproduction or use of the contents of this site whatsoever, including where materials are those of third parties.
The symbols ® and ™ designate Canadian registered trademark and unregistered trademark status respectively. The following are registered trademarks of The Bank of Nova Scotia in Canada: (i) Scotiabank (ii) Scotia (iii) Scotiabank Flying "S" and (iv) Mocatta. The following are trademarks of The Bank of Nova Scotia in Canada: (v) Scotiabank Flying "S"; (vi) ScotiaMocatta (vii) scotiabank.ca (viii) scotiabank.com (ix) scotiamocatta.com and (x) ScotiaFX.
The following are service marks of The Bank of Nova Scotia in the United States: Scotiabank and Flying "S" design mark; scotiabank.ca; Mocatta.
The following are marks of The Bank of Nova Scotia in the United Kingdom: Scotiabank and Flying "S" design mark; ScotiaMocatta; ScotiaFX.
The Bank of Nova Scotia has additional trade marks and service marks, registered and unregistered, in other countries.
All other service and product names that appear in this site are trade marks or registered trade marks of their respective owners. The display of trade marks in this site does not imply that a license of any kind has been granted.
The laws of the Province of Ontario, Canada apply to the use of this site notwithstanding the domicile, residence or physical location of the user. Users of this site individually agree to and attorn to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in the city of Toronto, Ontario, Canada to determine any proceeding that may arise out of their use of this site. Each User agrees not to bring a legal action against Scotiabank in any jurisdiction except Ontario.
Any limitations on remedies and /or rights to recover damages that may be contained in any provision of this Notice and Terms of Access shall apply to all causes of action, including without limitation breach of contract, tort (including negligence) and strict liability.